ICT Professional Bodies in Kenya is/are organisations with individual members practicing a profession or occupation in ICT and in which the organisation maintains an oversight of the knowledge, skills, conduct and practice of that profession or occupation.
Why should you join a Professional Organization
Whether you are interested in strengthening your network, furthering your career or maybe just in need of a few more friends, professional networking organizations can be a great option for you. In addition to providing information about your chosen field, professional organizations can enhance your personal and professional development and provide endless networking opportunities. Some reasons to join includes;
- To Broaden your knowledge: Professional organizations sometimes offer courses, seminars and/or lectures to keep themselves and their members up to date on the latest industry innovations, research and trends. Staying informed on your industry’s trends will only help you in the long run and will put you one step ahead of the competition!
- Take charge of your career: Take advantage of career resources. Associations often have job listings online or in print available only to their members. This is a great way to find targeted job postings for your area of interest.
- Build a better resume: Many organizations have career resources available such as tips on effective resumes or cover letter writing. Listing your association membership on your resume is impressive to current or future employers as it shows that you are dedicated to staying connected in your profession.
- Enhance your network: We all know that networking is key for the movers and shakers of the community! Making connections is critical, and joining associations give countless opportunities to connect on a local and sometimes even global level. For most people, creating professional relationships is important, and joining a group allows you to have a sense of security and trust. From this, you are able to support and help one another in reaching your professional goals.
- Be a Leader: Professional associations give you an opportunity to develop your skills as a leader, and this is important not only for your personal growth, but for your growth in your firm.
- Become a mentor: Giving back can be the greatest reward and benefit. Participating in forums, chat groups or discussion boards sponsored by an association is also a great way to grow your network. This allows you to use your peers as sounding boards and often make some great friends with the same interests as you.
- Give back to the community: There are plenty of organizations that coordinate socially conscious initiatives to support community efforts. Whether it is a nearby animal shelter or a food drive for a local charity, there are sure to be plenty of options for you to choose for if you are looking to give back.
ICT Professional Bodies to Join in Kenya
Joining a professional organization in Kenya is critical in keeping abreast of the latest knowledge and practices locally, regionally, and globally
1. Computer Industry and Services Association of Kenya
It is an ICT body established and registered in Kenya as Association fully certified by the Kenya Registrar of Societies. Its members consist of ICT Companies, Individuals and Training Institutions from public and private sector.
The main aim of establishment was to enable members achieve their dreams,aspirations by sharing of ideas,offering professional training, seminars and workshops, to act as a common voice for ICT fraternity in addressing the issues affecting ICT industries in Kenya and to offer certifications in courses related to Information Communication and Technology.
As a professional association, they are committed to:-
- Enabling members to achieve their set goals.
- Being the voice of the society in ICT matters.
- Setting a countrywide membership base that will serve the Corporate and Individual members, Institutions in both Public and private sector.
- Synchronizing the country with the the rest of the world in moving together as far as Information Communication and technology is concerned.
- Introducing new technology inventions to members through professional training, seminars and workshops
Becoming a member of CISAK, is the first step to take toward the journey of prosperity and advancement in IT ventures and endevoursThere are many benefits that comes with the decision and some are;
- 1 year free membership for member sponsoring the Corporate Member each year.
- Corporate Membership Pins for corporate sponsored members
- An opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with colleagues in industry, government, and academia
- An opportunity to have corporate members participate in our Professional Certification Programs,Professional trainings,policy making and other events
Click Here to join CISAK
2. The Computer Society of Kenya
The Computer Society of Kenya is the recognized association for Information, Communication and Technology industries and professionals in Kenya, attracting large and active membership from all levels of the IT industry and providing a wide range of services to its 6,000 + members.
The Computer Society of Kenya has been serving the Corporate ICT Companies, the SME’s and Individual ICT Professionals in different ways such as:
- Training for both professional and preliminary ICT level
- Recognizing member Performance
- Spearheading formation of ICT policies in Kenya
- Representing members internationaly
There are requirements that need to be met before joining the society. As a Corporate member, you need to be associated with ICT directly or indirectly and as an Individual Member, you need to have supportive documents indicating that you are indeed either an ICT Professional, Student or an ICT Related Personnel serving in either Private or Public Sector here in Kenya.
Membership is divided into two major categories, namely:- Corporate Membership for ICT Companies, Individual
The Computer Society holds regular activities for its members and also to create awareness of IT to the Large Kenyan society. Amongst the salient activities are:-
- The annual Computer Manager’s Congress
- Frequent seminars and workshops for IT staff
- Participation in IT exhibition and the hosting of the annual KEN_IT conference/exhibition
- Participation in social welfare activities such as hosting an annual charity golf tournament
Click here to join CSK
3. The Information Communication Technology Association of Kenya
The Information Communication Technology Association of Kenya (ICTAK) represents a wide variety of information technology players and stakeholders who provide consulting, implementation, support, training, strategic planning, and business analysis services. The primary purpose of the organization is to elevate the standards of the ICT profession and industry in Kenya.
The Information Communication Technology Association of Kenya (ICTAK) is the prime association for Information & Communications Technology (ICT) professionals and industry players in Kenya. ICTAK is established under the provisions of Cap 108 of the laws of Kenya as the public voice of the ICT profession and the guardian of professional ethics and standards in the ICT industry, with a commitment to the wider community to ensure the beneficial use of ICT.
The Association origin is credited to a group of young and dynamic scholars and ICT professionals.
Its objectives are to further the study, and application of Information Communication Technology;
- Promote, develop and monitor competence in the practice of ICT by people and organizations;
- Maintain and promote a Code of Ethics for members of the Association;
- Define and promote standards of knowledge of ICT for members, promote the formulation of effective policies on ICT and related matters;
- Extend the knowledge and understanding of ICT in the community;
- Promote the benefits of membership and promote the benefits of employing members of the Association.
Click here to join ICTAK
Learn to love what you do! You may not even know that you love something, but it’s important to be proactive about things you discover on the journey. Join a professional organization and discover something new TODAY!