As a student, when you make a decision to do a business course in Kenya, there is a need to do an in-depth research to determine the Most Marketable Business Courses in Kenya to persue. You may be surprised to learn that the most sought after business courses are not the best and the best may have few graduates.
To determine the course you want to pursue, you must consider a number of things. Most marketable business courses are actually influenced by expected salary, available job market, peer pressure, influence from people close to you as well as their capability.
In this article, we list down the Most Marketable Business Courses in Kenya Today
Which Is The Most Marketable Business Course in Kenya?
The Most Marketable Business Courses in Kenya as of today is Bachelor of Accounting and Finance. The second is the list of
the best and most marketable business degree and diploma courses in Kenya is Business Administration With IT followed by Finance Engineering.
Below are some of the Most Marketable Business Courses in Kenya Today (Degrees, Diploma, Certificate)
- Accounting and Finance. It’s the best-paying and most marketable business course in Kenya today.
- Bachelor of Business Administration. It’s the 2nd on the list of most marketable business courses in Kenya
- Financial Engineering. Again, Financial engineering is also among the most marketable business courses in Kenya right now that are offered at JKUAT.
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology. Also, BBIT is one of the most marketable business-related courses in Kenya right now.
- Economics and Statistics.
- General Business or Bachelor of Commerce.
- Accounting and Business Management.
- Credit Management.
- Operations Management and Supervision. And finally,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Science. It’s also one of the best and most marketable business courses in Kenya today for a diploma or degree studies.
Degree In Business Courses
Below is a list of the most marketable degree business courses in Kenya;
JKUAT JKUAT is the only academic institution offering financial engineering course in Kenya. This particular course is most suitable for people with good analytical skills. Consider financial engineering if you passed well in Mathematics.
Bachelor of Business Administration:
This course is very similar to the Bachelor of Commerce and is offered at Maseno University. Chances of being unemployed with a Bachelor of Business Administration are really low. One of the core reason to select a good college that is career oriented and goal focused is that they offer great opportunities to every student. This provision acts as a gateway to a prosperous life.
Bachelor of Economics and Statistics:
This course literally gives BCom (Bachelor of Commerce) students a run for their money. It combines statistics aspects into a business which is important in making an analysis of the long term trends and data that is complex. If you have the zeal to indulge in the stock market, companies that sell insurance and financial institutions as an analyst, this is the best course to pursue.
Bachelor of Business Information Technology:
BBIT (Bachelor of Business Information Technology) brings together Information Technology features into business to fully prepare students for the job market. Pursuing this course at Strathmore exposes you to various professional courses such as CPA, CFA and ACCA which can be completed after a short period of time.
Bachelor of Commerce:
This course will never stop being popular even if there are more graduates than the available job opportunities. Strathmore and UoN are the only universities that produce remarkable graduates in this course. The good news about BCom is that you can choose from more than five areas including finance, insurance, accounting, human resource, procurement and marketing.
Certificate In Business Courses
- Certificate in Accountancy
- Craft Certificate in Accounting
- Craft in Accounting Technician
- Accountancy/Craft In Accountancy
- Certificate In Accounting & Management Skills (CAMS)- Examined by KASNEB
- Accounting Assistant.
- Accounts clerk
- Accounting Technician.
- Certificate in Banking
- Craft Certificate in Banking& Finance
- Certificate in Banking& Finance
- Certificate in Business Administration
This course doesn’t have many jobs in Kenya and it is most suitable as a bridge to the Diploma in Banking level.
Certificate in business management in Kenya /administration courses
- Craft in Business Administration
- Craft in Business
- Certificate in Business Management/Craft in Business Management
Customer service representative, office assistant, business development officer, etc.
Cooperative Management courses
- Certificate in Cooperative Management
- Craft Certificate in Cooperative Management/Craft In
- Cooperative Management
You can work in SACCOs as an assistant credit officer, loan officer, etc.
Human Resources certificate courses
- Certificate In Human Resources Management
- Craft Certificate In Human Resource Management
You can work in companies/firms as an HR officer/HR clerk.
Business Diploma Courses in Kenya
Here now is a list of diploma business courses in Kenya:
Diploma in business management in Kenya / Business Administration Diploma in Kenya/ Diploma In Management
You can work for your own company or with luck, get recruited for jobs such as:
- Administrative officer.
- Business manager
- Assistant operations manager
- Sales executive